Photo Credit: Julia Dags; Fleece Sweatshirts: Dudley Stephens
Take your Game Day eats up a notch with these crowd-pleasing nachos! “Everyone gets excited when you pull out a warm tray of cheesy nachos!” says Alston Calabrese, who, along with Leigh Hansen, creates recipes and shares entertaining tips on Habitual Hostess. The pineapple salsa pairs perfect with the BBQ flavors for a unique spin on nachos—which couldn’t be easier to make. “It’s really just an assembly project, so no real cooking skills are needed,” says Leigh.
For more from Habitual Hostess, check them out @habitualhostess.
BBQ Nachos with Pineapple Salsa
For the salsa:
1/2 cup minced red onion
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1 1/2 cup small diced pineapple
1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed, minced (about 2 Tablespoons)
1/2 fresno chili, seeds and membranes removed, minced (about 1 Tablespoon) *if you can not find a fresno chili just used one extra jalapeno
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1. Combine the red onion, lime juice and salt and let sit while you prepare other ingredients.
2. Whisk together the olive oil, cumin and coriander. Add pineapple, jalapenos, fresno chilis, cilantro and red onion mixture and stir until everything is combined.
For the nachos:
12 oz bag of corn tortilla chips
2 cups of shredded chicken (we used rotisserie)
1 cup of BBQ sauce (we used a Memphis-style BBQ sauce)
1 can of black beans, drained
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 avocado, cubed
1 cup sour cream
Extra BBQ sauce for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Lay out tortilla chips on a baking sheet (we lined ours with parchment paper), being careful not to include the chips that have become small crumbs. Mix the shredded chicken and bbq sauce together. Spoon chicken mixture over the chips, then spoon black beans and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Place nachos in the oven for 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
4. Once out of the oven, top with avocado, sour cream, pineapple salsa and an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce.
This article was first featured by our Parent Site, The Local Moms Network