This filet sandwich is a Fall crowd-pleaser, ready for football Sunday or any time you’re making food for a group. “It’s a perfect, easy meal for when you’re entertaining and don’t want to spend the entire time in the kitchen,” says Greenwich Moms‘ Layla Lisiewski. Kids don’t love spice? Just hold the horseradish sauce and serve with ketchup.
Filet Sandwich with Horseradish Sauce
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup grated horseradish
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced chives for garnish (optional)
Whisk all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to mix well!
2 tablespoons EVOO
1. Set the oven to 425.
2. Let your filet come to room temperature.
3. Dry filet with a paper towel and pour a tablespoon of good quality EVOO on either side. Generously coat with salt and pepper.
4. Place in oven for 10 minutes at 425 then bring the heat down to 350 for 30 minutes or until temp reaches 135 for medium.
5. Take the filet out of the oven and let it rest for 30 minutes.
6. Slice and place on brioche buns with creamy horseradish sauce (kids may prefer ketchup),
7, Serve with a side of chips and a salad!